If you have recently started blogging and want to create blog authority, you must know it in detail. Here in this post, you will know about authority blogs and how to create them.
There are a lot of factors that can make your blog authoritative, but many people don’t know about them. They don’t even practice certain things.
But what is an authority blog, and how can it help your blog grow?
An authoritative blog contains original information with detailed research and analysis. The blog author should have expertise in a particular niche to write a comprehensive descriptive topic or content. An authoritative blog ranks higher on search engines and brings traffic.
If you have heard the term “authority blog” for the first time, don’t worry. When I started content writing and blogging a few years back, I asked the same questions.
But as I failed certain times in various blogs. I had to learn new things about SEO and Blogging.
Now, you can learn to create authority for your blog by paying or buying courses from digital marketers and Seo experts. But here at degreesetup.com, you will learn this free of cost.
Read it now – Things to learn before blogging.
So let’s learn about ten ways you can use to create an authoritative blog or website.
Ten ways to create blog authority.
1. Your expertise in the niche.
Before starting your blog, you have to question yourself these things –
- Why have you created it?
- Have you got knowledge about the topic?
- Do you have an interest in writing the topics on your niche?
- How will you make money from it?
All these four questions are connected to one thing that is expertise or interest?
If you don’t have an interest or expertise in a specific topic, your blog will not succeed. Now here, expertise does not mean that you have to get a certificate or degree from any institution to run a blog.
Expertise comes with experience and original research. Writing this blog post took me a week as I researched many things about it on the internet. I had to read many blogs and articles and watch a couple of videos to write this piece of content. That is what some expertise I have.
Other than that, I also gained interest over time in SEO and Blogging. So I choose this as a niche for my blog.
You can choose anything you like but don’t run after money. As I have observed, many bloggers choose high C.P.C. topics, and ultimately their blog fails.
Because they don’t have diverse knowledge about the topic, their interest gradually reduces with time.
For example, if you are interested in gaming, create a blog about gaming. Don’t blindly follow others and jump to write things about digital marketing, tech blogs, and other things after money.
2. Important pages and contact information.
To create an authority in the blogging field, before doing any other work, you have to create some vital page and write things such as.
- About Us Page – Tell about yourself, your blog, your plans, why you have started blogging, and your educational background.
- Legal Disclaimer Page – You must have a legal disclaimer page if you sell any product or have a YMYL site. This prevents you from suffering any legal issues from the users.
- Contact Us Page – On the contact page, if you sell products or have a local business. You must include your address and contact details such as e-mail, phone number, etc. So that it can create trust and people can reach out to you if you provide any service in your area.
If you don’t know how to write and write on pages, you can look at the page generator on the links above.
3. Social media profiles.
Now social media profiles are essential to creating authority. It is a kind of signal that makes your content valuable.
But what should you include in your social media profile to make your website/blog-worthy?
Suppose you have a Facebook and Instagram account. You can write a few lines about your blog or website. And also, add other platforms like LinkedIn and Pinterest to get external links from your blog.
Sometimes google manually checks the websites. If you include social signals, it makes your blog trustworthy.
4. Unique content.
“Content is the king” no matter what platform you are using, whether youtube, Instagram, Facebook, or blogging. To succeed on all these platforms, you need to have unique content.
When most people start blogging, they copy other blog posts, add some of their ideas, and publish them.
Doing so definitely wastes your time and will not bring traffic to your blog, nor will it rank on the SERP pages. If you want to stand out in blogging, write unique content. But how will you do so?
Unique content contains
- Original research.
- Using real images.
- Use of graphics(Infographics, Data) and self-made videos.
- Honest reviews, polls, interviews with experts, and discussions in forums.
5. Do original research.
Original research may take you a couple of hours to a week, depending on the post you are writing in your blog.
But you can take the reference from other blog posts to get an idea of how others are ranking for writing a particular post.
Here are some suggestions you can use to do original research while writing the post.
- Visit government websites if you are writing any data-related posts to get the most accurate figures.
- You can watch the news to get detailed information about a trending topic.
- Always ask questions about social media groups and forums and include them in your post.
- Read research papers if you are writing on topics about science and technology.
6. Become an expert on forums.
A few years back, I had made an account on Quora, where I used to provide answers related to SEO and blogging.
Now I have decent numbers of content views on quora’s profile and ask questions about something I don’t know about.
There are many experts on quora from worldwide. They provide the best and most authentic answers to your questions.
You can share your knowledge on this platform and give a link to your blog. With this, you will get a backlink from quora, and you may also get traffic from there.
7. Create Google My Business Listing.
If you want to increase the revenue of your business locally, you must list your business and services on the google my business platform.
This will make your presence online and help your blog/website authority as clients and users visit to take your services.
People also give reviews on google my business, so make sure to provide the best quality products and services to your clients.
You will see a tremendous increase in traffic from your city or state if the reviews are positive and have good ratings.
Many people don’t practice external linking on their blogs. If you don’t know, external linkings are among the SEO factors.
But while you link out external sources, make sure to link to a trustworthy website such as Wikipedia, WebMD, Google, Research gate, etc.
But linking sources externally should only be done when it’s needed. When the topic is susceptible, needs lots of evidence, or belongs to the YMYL category, you should link to external sources.
It also gives search engines a signal to provide valuable information to users.
Remember, one thing doesn’t give external links to poor websites and pages. This will decrease your authority overall.
9. Get featured on others’ blogs.
Getting featured on someone’s blog is not that easy. There are two things you need to do.
- Guest posting.
- Get millions of traffic, make your blog famous, and get featured on multiple websites.
Now guest posting does not work as much today as it used to work several years ago, but if you have gained experience in content writing and your blog is 6-8 months old. People might give you a chance to write on their website.
Using this way, you can increase your authority and ask for backlinks for your blog. But you have to remember to reach out to those blogs relevant to your niche.
10. Create newsworthy content.
Writing content on trending topics can make your blog appear on the google news feed. However, new websites and blogs can take time to appear on the news feed. Reading guidelines can help you to appear on the news feed.
To make your post appear on the google news feed, you need to do things.
- Do not mislead your readers.
- The date and author name should appear on the post.
- Contact information.
- Information source.
Does blog authority increase over time?
Blog authority increases with time as your website or blog starts getting old, and your published content also starts getting on top.
You should also know some essential things about blog authority and how it increases over time.
- If you have created linkable content, major authoritative sites may link you back similar to your blog niche.
- As the domain gets old and you don’t get any penalties from Google and other search engines, the domain authority increases.
- Updating your old content with current trends and updates is also a significant reason for increased blog authority.
Practice all these things, and you are good to go.
What is E.A.T in blogging?
- Expertise – As an expert in a particular niche, you have to produce content like an expert. Before writing any content, make sure to read deeply about it and write both positive and negative points.
- Authoritativeness – To create authority, as I have mentioned above. Be authentic and share original information. If you are an enthusiast, point out links to original and genuine content where you have done the research. Also, only link out to that site that has high authority.
- Trustworthiness -To build trust with your readers, write new content and write about your personal experiences with images taken by you. You can also embed videos from youtube if you have any.
E.A.T. is one of the essential parameters for SEO, and before this update, many deceptive sites were ranking on search engines. But now, users can quickly get relevant and trustworthy information as this update came out.
Read this searcher quality evaluator guidelines to have more deep knowledge.
Why should you care about YMYL?
Your money your life(YMYL) topics that deal with finance, medical, mental state, and investment. Before writing content on these topics, you have to build your E.A.T. profile strongly.
Suppose you are an individual, I highly recommend not choosing any YMYL content. But if you do, you should include your educational qualifications. This is a must-do practice to build authority.
Before starting the YMYL topic, you must consult an expert related to it.
For example, if you want to start a blog in a health-related can, you can take advice from them or link their bio to your post to make it authority if you know any doctor or physician time.
Similarly, you can take advice from other people who have expertise in a particular field and link them to your blog.
How much time does it take to make your blog authoritative?
Once you create any content for a new blog or website, it may take 6-8 months to get a reasonable amount of traffic to your blog. And ranking of many websites or blogs is also based on algorithms and various factors.
Here are some tips you can use to create your blog authority quickly.
- During the initial start make sure to target long-tail keywords.
- Write atleast two blogpost per week.
- Do not run after backlinks and content promotion.
- Focus more on content research.
- Create social media profiles.
Can anyone create an authority blog?
Creating authority in a particular niche is not a cup of tea for everyone. First of all, the person who wants to start a blog should have some technical knowledge about blogging. Secondly, they should have good interest and knowledge about the topic.
Building authority in a blog takes time. No one can say that a blog will fail or succeed.
Let’s understand with a simple example, suppose you are a doctor and want to create a blog about health, and the first post you figured out to write is “how to cure cancer?”.
Curing cancer is a YMYL topic, and thousands of articles have been written on this topic, no matter if you are a doctor. This post of yours has a very low chance to rank on the first page.
This happens because there are many high authority websites, and you will not outrank them quickly, instead of writing about an essential and high-value topic. You can write about the best cancer research in your area.
You will rank much faster, and you will also get potential patients.
What is DA PA in the authority blog?
Moz came up with the idea of calculating D.A(Domain Authority) and P.A.(Page Authority). This rating has no relation to the ranking factor.
- Domain Authority – Domain authority means how your domain is ranking in a specific niche on the SERP pages.
- Page Authority – Page authority is based on how your content is ranking on the SERP pages. Page authority is rated on a single page.
Both D.A and P.A are measured on a scale of 1 to 100.
- Low page authority – 1 – 20
- Below Average – 20-40
- Above Average -40-60
- Good -60-80
- Excellent -80-100.
FAQ about authority blog
How do establish blog authority faster?
Creating quality content with proper research and proof can make your blog better.
Does an authoritative blog easy to monetize?
An authoritative blog attracts traffic as it appears on top pages so you can definitely monetize and earn money from it.
How to find affiliate programs for the authoritative blog?
If your site has traffic just add a few lines about taking affiliate commissions to your site the companies will make contact with you.