Zedge is a content distribution platfrom, and this platform is popular and famous among the youth for downloading wallpapers and ringtones for smartphones. I have been using Zedge since 2016, but back then, I knew nothing about this platform and that by using this, we could make money.
I am sure you also want to know about this platform, so without wasting any time, let’s see how you can generate money and what steps you need to follow. But before let me tell you people how I got to know about this platfrom.
I was searching for an online platform to help me generate some decent income; I saw a couple of videos, and then I searched for if something could be done with selling images; I learned about Shutterstock, adobe stock, and Zedge. I felt comfortable working on Zedge among these three platforms and eventually started uploading images.
How to make money using Zedge?
To start working on Zedge as a creator, you have complete six tasks. Out of them, three are mandatory, and three are recommended. However, you have to complete all of them to start working here.
I have listed all six tasks below with detailed images and steps do what has been given below, and your account will get approved within one or two days.
Here is the task list:
- Fill out the tax form.
- Add your payment details.
- Add six content items, such as wallpapers.
- Add a profile image.
- Add description.
- Add social media or portfolio links.
Step 1 – Visit Zedge Onboarding.
Here is the link to visit and fill out your details to become a premium marketplace artist on Zedge.
- On the first page, you must fill in your business name and select your country after signing up.
- After that, On the second page, you have to fill out your name, add an image and give some optional details.
- Before hitting the following button, read the terms of service. I know many people will skip this part, but here are some essential details about the payments you will receive.
Step 2 – Getting Approved.
In this step, you must fill out forms and do some tasks to approve your account. This phase takes about 2-3 days, and you will get approved if you do everything correctly.
- Once you have filled in all the details, you will see your dashboard, where you must do some tasks to approve your account.
- After clicking to Get approved option, a task will pop up. You must fill in all these things to get Zedge’s approval and start making money.
Fill out the tax form.
- You must click your profile icon and go to the tax form icon.
- Now download the tax form and fill out the details.
- Make sure to choose the correct option. As I am from India, I have chosen a foreign person because this option suits me best.
- Fill out the form with your details and carefully fill in the details of tax treaty benefits.
Save your payment details.
- Save your payment details here. First, make your account on any of these platforms, Paypal or Payoneer, and then add your email. Other than that, if you live in the United States, there is the option of getting the payment thru a physical check too.
- Now you must click on your profile first, click the + icon, and select wallpapers. Wallpapers are quiet easy to create and upload.
- Here I am using canva.com to create some cool-looking wallpapers. Make sure to keep the resolution above 1620px X 2880px. Below this resolution, you won’t be able to upload your wallpapers.
- In may case, I have chosen 1800px X 3200px.
- You must upload six content types to approve your account, so I have created six wallpapers, as you can see down there.
- Make sure the content is original and made by you only. Do not copy-paste the content or image from the internet; otherwise, your account will not get approved.
- After uploading the content, you must fill out the details so people can discover them on the Zedge app and website. Keep the name relevant to your image and use more tags and categories that best suit your image.
- After uploading all the images and naming them, you can see that your images. Are in pending. Once the Zedge moderator approves your image, they will publish your account.
Fill up your profile details.
- This step is straightforward to canva create a 500px X 500px profile picture and upload it on Zedge. Fill in the description, give your social media or website link, and add some relevant tags related to images and content that you will upload on this platform.
- After doing the above steps, click Get approved account and confirm. It will take around 2 days, and your creator account will be approved.
- After 2-3 days, you will get an email like this.
Skills you have to have to make money on this platform.
To stand out among thousands of other creators, you must learn skills to make your content look awesome and unique. I have come out with some skills that you need to master and earn some extra money from this platform.
- Graphic Designing – Graphic designing is a must-have skill to learn to work on this platform. Almost the majority of creators upload wallpaper on this platform. As per my personal experience, I have been using canva as a primary tool to create wallpapers.
- Data analysis – Data analysis is essential if you are a content creator. Analysis of the data which make you help create relevant content. If you upload content with proper data analysis and keep current trends in mind, your earning will be more than others.
How much time will it take to create a Zedge premium marketplace account?
It will take about 1-2 hours to set up a marketplace account, and for approval, it will take 2-3 days.
How much time will it take to make $100 on Zedge?
It depends on your speed, current trends, and the type of content you upload. On average, it will take you 40-45 days to make your first $100.
Check out these topics about Zedge as well.