You may be one of those people who came here after your blog or website was disapproved from Adsense to show ads. Every new blogger wants to join AdSense and show ads on their blog to make earnings.
But before applying to this platform, you should follow some basic rules and customize your site so that you can quickly get approval from AdSense.
In 2019 I applied first time in Adsense for approval, and it was rejected three to four times. Then I started watching youtube videos and reading google blogs to fix my problem, and in 2020, I got the first-ever approval from AdSense.
So how did I manage to get approved by blog from AdSense?
This is mandatory that if you are about to submit your site for approval, make sure to read these documents from google Adsense policies first.
1. Thin content.
Thin content means your post or article does not have sufficient information for a user. It just may have the outlines of the topics.
You should avoid writing thin content and include these things to make your content better for your readers.
- The word limit should be between 800-1200 words.
- It should have at least 2-3 subheadings in a single post.
- Use (original)images and videos.
- If you have created categories in each one of them, 5 blog posts should be there.
2. Site navigation is deceptive.
Make your site navigation easy so users can easily navigate thru your site. For example, your site should have categories listed on the top or bottom so people can quickly go through various content.
To make a good site experience do these things.
- Put the menu on the top.
- Make mobile friendly menu bar.
- Your logo should be transparent and clear.
- The sidebar should not contain more than 2-3 things.
- The footer should contain essential links.
- Create breadcrumbs.
3. Bad user experience.
Many people don’t pay attention to user interface (UI). You should never forget a good user interface to make a great user experience(UX), so this might be a reason that your site may not be getting approved.
To provide a good user interface to readers, do these things.
- Make your website load faster.
- Avoid pop-ups.
- Keep your header and footer simple, and links should be visible.
- Create the organized structure of your content.
- Don’t repeat things.
- Avoid dead links. (Links that give errors or do not open)
- Keep white space when needed.
4. Lack of essential pages.
Also, you have to create some critical pages, such as.
- About us.
- Terms and conditions of your site.
- The disclaimer page is optional.
5. Joined paid-to-click programs.
If you are getting paid traffic during the initial days, google might not approve your site. Some people use bots and unethical ways to bring traffic to their sites.
Most people get frustrated as their site is not getting traffic and pay money to people to bring traffic to their site.
They use software that sends bots to your site, and people from non-technical backgrounds think they are getting traffic.
6. Content is not unique.
If you read the first few lines of the AdSense program policies there, it is written that your site will get approved if you have duplicate or scraped content.
Also, writing the same type of content should be avoided about similar topics because many publishers have already done that.
To make your content unique, follow these rules.
- Write on your own.
- Share personal experiences.
- Use original images.
- Add data by conducting a small research.
7. Content does not follow policies.
Avoid putting content that promotes illegal activities. Here are some types of sites that Adsense disapproves immediately.
- Sexual content site.
- Get rich quick schemes.
- Copyrighted content websites such as movie and music downloading.
- Promotes hate or war.
8. Age issues.
The minimum age to get your account approved is 18 years old on google Adsense. This is because Adsense has strict rules against their payments.
You cannot create an Adsense account if you are below 18 years. But one thing you can do is you can use your parents or someone elder you know to create an Adsense account. But do remember this thing the payments will be sent to the same person’s account.
So while taking this decision, make sure you think twice.
Here is the list of languages that google supports and approve site to show ads. However, if you are reading this, you may also know English.
In rare cases, you may not get approval for many reasons, even if it’s written in English.
Make sure to check these things while writing the content on your site.
- The tone should be conversational.
- Use short paragraphs.
- Don’t repeat sentences.
- Don’t fill keywords.
10. Got blacklisted.
In some instances, your site may have got blacklisted from google due to putting some type of content that Google hates.
Once your site is blacklisted, another site may rarely get approval. You may need to start with a new name and account to avoid this.
Common myths about Google Adsense approval.
Here are some myths about getting google Adsense approval that flooded many websites.
- Myth 1 – Google Adsense does not approve new websites.
- Myth 2 – You need to wait months to get Adsense’s approval after submission.
- Myth 3 – Google charges money for Adsense approval.
- Myth 4 – Google Adsense cannot be shown on E-commerce sites.
- Myth 5 – You can make money from Google Adsense during the initial days with low traffic.
- Myth 6 – You can sell your Adsense account.
- Myth 7 – You can get AdSense approval instantly.
These all things are myths and not possible until google changes them.