Do you know the essential thing that makes you happy as a blogger?
In my opinion, it’s growth or people coming to your blog to read the stuff you have written for them.
When people come to you without any promotion, it is called organic traffic, and with this, your blog becomes popular, and other people find your content easily.
But that’s not all. There is more information you should know about organic traffic.
Organic traffic means when users or searchers land on a page, blog, or website with their consent to find queries using search engines. Organic traffic is precious in terms of SEO, and if a website has the majority of organic visitors, it can easily succeed.
If you own a blog, it is a must-read post for you, as I have done deep research on this topic, and after reading till the end, this post might help you get some organic visitors.
Read this: Ways to increase organic traffic
Tips to get organic blog traffic faster.
It would help if you practiced certain things to get organic blog traffic faster. However, these tips and tactics will work in 90-95% of the blogs, but you may not get the same results if the niche is too much competition.
1. Add content with consistency.
To get organic traffic to your blog, adding content with consistency should be your main priority.
Usually, most bloggers upload content on their blog twice or thrice a week. If you want to get results much more quickly, write daily and upload the content regularly. If you do so within 2-3 months, you will get significant results.
However, during the initial phase, write about low competition topics and keywords to gain blog authority.
To add consistent content to your blog, you need to follow some tips.
- Find low competition keywords.
- Write at least add at least 5000 words weekly.
- Schedule your blog to publish time.
- Write daily a few hundred words.
2. Update your old blog post.
If you write about topics related to technology and or if it does not contain any evergreen topic, make sure to update it frequently.
Make sure to look at your old blog posts each month, and if you get any new updates related to them, update them then and there only.
I have personally observed that most bloggers do not update their older posts, and due to that, they get easily beaten or outranked by other bloggers.
If you want to beat the competition, you have to update your blog post frequently. To do so, here are some tips you can follow.
- Read news related to your blog posts.
- Add any new products related to info blog posts.
- Add any price change.
- Change images or add new ones.
- Add more content and delete the old information.
3. Add sharable information.
If you have included good images, valuable information, and research content in your blog posts, the probability of sharing it becomes much more.
Now sharing a blog post does not count under getting organic traffic. But if people share your post more, it will gain a higher rank on the SERP pages.
And if anyone searches the related query to your post, it might show in the top two or three positions on the SERP page.
Here are some steps you can follow to make your blog post sharable.
- Create attractive infographics.
- Add numbers and data to your blog posts.
- Interview with an expert and mention it in your post.
- Add a youtube video of your own.
4. Choose low competition keywords.
Choosing low-competition keywords is the best thing you can do as a new blogger. However, it is recommended for experienced bloggers as well.
Choosing low-competition keywords can help your blog gain organic traffic. Low competition means few people are searching for a particular topic on the internet, and there’s no trustworthy and quality content about the query.
At first, during the first three months of your blogging career, you should focus on writing about low-competition keywords for which only a few people are searching.
In the above image, you see “lens cleaner” is more popular than “Camera lens cleaner” as lens cleaner is vast and can relate to two-three things at a time.
5. Write about a specific query.
When you start your blog, keep it niche-focused. Suppose you want to write a topic related to “Camera lens cleaners.”
You need to write at least 10-15 posts related to it in which you can include multiple information related to it, such as.
- Camera lens cleaner cost.
- How to clean the camera lens?
- Precautions to take while cleaning the camera lenses.
- How often do you clean camera lenses?
- Can you use liquid to use camera lenses?
These are some examples related to camera lenses that you should write about in your initial posts.
Writing about a specific topic helps build authority and gain organic traffic.
6. Target specific niche groups.
Even if your blog is older and you are not getting organic traffic. You can apply these strategies to get organic traffic.
- Write about a specific topic or product in detail.
- Use low competition keywords first, then move on to writing high competition.
- Do not switch your niche in between, or after writing a few posts, make sure to write at least 10-15 posts about a particular topic.
How much time does a brand new site take to get organic traffic?
It is quite a slow process for a brand new site to get organic traffic as search engines take time to recognize the content and index on the first pages.
A brand new blog or website will take around 6-8 months to get organic traffic. If you want to increase traffic, write content daily and keep your blog updated with new things.
Also, you can focus on user experience to make your blog/ website stand out from others.
You will only get organic traffic if you create or write content that the user is looking for. Today millions of blog posts are published in one single day. But only a few of them rank at the top.
Getting organic traffic depends mainly on a couple of things.
- The quality of content.
- How deep is the information written?
- How many resources have you used?
- Identify the searcher’s intent and write accordingly.
Does SEO help in getting organic traffic?
I think writing content is not only a factor in organic traffic. If you want to make search engines happy, you have to let them know what your content is about.
SEO is a complex thing, but with some basic practices, you can easily do SEO in your blog posts.
You can follow some essential SEO tips to boost your website’s organic traffic. Read SEO tips here.
- Make your blog content attractive and easy to read. Use small paragraphs and catchy headlines.
- Use meta tags and alt text in images.
- Use unique images.
- Link to authoritative sources.
- Effective internal linking.
- Don’t use spam advertisements.
FAQ about getting organic traffic
Is organic traffic better than paid traffic?
Organic traffic is way better than paid traffic as users directly visit your site or blog to get information.
Does organic traffic increase website ranking?
The ranking increase over time If your site is getting a decent amount of traffic.