Are you looking for a career in content writing? But do you have any questions in your mind? How can you become a content writer?
Content writing is not an easy job to do. It requires a lot of dedication and time that you need to put on.
Now let’s look at the central question can anyone become a content writer?
Content writing is a competitive profession, and the answer is yes. Anyone can become a content writer if they have qualities such as an interest in writing about a specific tech behind web writing.
Pat Flynn is among the most famous for blogging. He was an architect, left his job, and became a famous blogger and content writer. With his website smartpassiveincome.com, he has made millions of dollars.
Thousands of other people were into day jobs, but they learned content writing and making thousands of dollars these days.
But if you see the famous blogger today, they also struggled to get to this point. I have compiled all the information of top famous bloggers and content writers by reading and watching their interviews about how they had started their journey as content writers.
So please read this post till the end to clear all your doubts.
Read: How to write 1000 words faster?
How to start content writing from scratch?
To start content writing from scratch, there are certain things that you must do to gain experience during the initial days.
Things to do to learn content writing.
You can use three basic things to learn content writing on your own.
- Watching youtube videos – Youtube is the best platform to learn content and web writing. There are tons of videos that you can watch and practice writing. But make sure you beware of fake and promotional videos.
- Buying content writing courses – You can also buy content writing courses online. However, they have the same content present on youtube videos. But also, you can interact with experts in live classes and clear your doubts.
- Blogs – Are also a great way to learn content writing, and if you are reading this post, you are on the right track. Blog content is easy to read and execute, and people with little experience scanning blogs become content writers.
Blogger.com is a content management system. It is among the oldest blogging platforms, and people still use it to write blogs.
You can start your blog for free here with the subdomain name blogspot.com or your domain name for $10.
This platform is suitable for learning content writing from scratch but offers limited resources.
Content writing is now 99% done for the internet, and the majority of the content is present on WordPress. Many small, medium, and big companies and people have made their websites on WordPress, the most efficient platform for learning blogging and content writing.
To start in WordPress, you must spend about $150-$200 a year. But if you do it right, it may bring you more money.
Remember, practice is the only way to be skilled in content writing, no matter how many videos or courses you have purchased.
Types of content writing
There are multiple types of content writing that you can learn about. Based on my research, I have listed ten types of various content writing types that you can know about.
- Technical writing.
- Blog Writing.
- Research articles.
- News articles.
- Niche-based writing.
- Video script writing.
- E-book Content.
- UX writing.
What should be the academic qualifications?
Anyone can learn content writing even if they don’t have a college degree. However, If you are learning content writing for a getting job, many companies can ask a person to have qualifications.
- Degree in Journalism.
- Degree in English.
- 2-3 Experience in web content writing.
If you don’t have qualifications, you can get a job as a content writer, but you should have at least 3-5 years of experience in writing projects.
Technical things to learn
You also have to focus on other technicalities learned while writing the content.
- Know how the search engine works?
- Know about SEO.
- The current trend of writing style,
How much time will it take you to get a job?
Starting from the learning phase, as I told you in the above paragraphs, it will take around 3-4 years to get a job and learn about everything related to content writing. I have broken down the period for you so that it will be easier for you to understand.
- 0 – 1 year – Learn about the basics of content writing and create your blog.
- 1-2 years – Add more quality content to your blog and make it rank on SERP at the top.
- 2-3 years – Build a strong portfolio and apply for a job in small and medium companies.
- 3-4 years – After gaining some experience, you can go to big companies.
Can you make money with content writing?
There are thousands of people who are making money by doing business with content writing. There are three ways to make money with content writing.
- By creating my own blog and website.
- By working and offering services as a freelancer.
- By getting a job in a reputed company.
But if you want to be successful by writing content, the best way to do so is by creating your own blog and putting content on it. You can blog on any topic and sell info products and put affiliate links on it.
FAQ about content writing
How to become a content writer with no experience?
You start writing content on your blog. It will take 1 year or more to gain experience in this field.
Is content writing an easy job?
No job is easy unless and until you have gained experience. In content writing, you must pay attention to grammar, paragraphs and SEO.