Cgpsc takes the state service exam each year. This exam is among the biggest exam for Chattisgarh state.
Each year more than 1.5 – 2 lakhs aspirants give this exam, but only a few hundred people get selected and get their dream job.
If you want to crack this exam, then make sure you must have done proper planning. But most of the new aspirants don’t know how to prepare for the CGPSC exam.
In this post, you will know everything about clearing this exam in the right way. I am personally also been preparing for this exam for the past few weeks now and planning to attempt this year.
So I was looking for a guide on the CGPSC preparation guide for English medium students on the internet and did not found any concrete solution on one particular website. So I thought, let write about CGPSC SSE Preparation guide.
The content I have summarised in this post is taken from forums and many youtube videos, especially from the toppers, as I have shared their view and strategy on preparing for their exams.
So let’s begin.
Things you need to start CGPSC SSE preparation.
As I belong to the English medium, it was hard for me to find books in English. Still, when I saw some videos and interacted with aspirants on social media, they told me that I could prepare from Hindi medium books.
As in the Hindi medium CGPSC boo,k the quality of information is better. You have to convert it to English.
Here is the booklist for the CGPSC SSE exam preparation.
- General Hindi – Lucent Hindi
- General English -Lucent English
- Chhattisgarhi language – Hiralal kavyopadhyay Or garnth academy
- National and International Level (Monthly Magazines Vision IAS)
- Chattisgarh Level(Ghatna Chakra)
Note:- Also Read Daily News Papers Such As Hitvada and Deccan Chronicle.
Paper-3 (General Studies -1)
- Ancient History- India’s Ancient Past by R. S. Sharma.
- Medieval History-History of Medieval India by Satish Chandra.
- Modern History-History of Modern India by Bipan Chandra.
- Cg history – Chhattisgarh ka itihas by rakesh yadav.
Constitution, and Public Administration
- Chattisgarh Public Administration-Tuteja Books for Public Administration
- Chhattisgarh History -Chhattisgarh Rajya Granth Academy book
Paper-4 (General Studies-2)
- Chemistry, Physics, Biology-Ncert from 10th to 12th.
- Reasoning & Aptitude- R.S Agarwal And Deepak Kumar book.
- Applied and Behavioral Science- Shankar IAS, and Ncert books.
Paper 5 (General Studies-3)
- Economic of India-Indian Economy By Ramesh Singh
- Economy Of Chhattisgarh-Economic survey of Chhattisgarh, Budget, and Vrihad Sandarbh.
- Geography Of India-Geography of India by Majid Hussain.
- Geography of Chhattisgarh-Bhulaugik Adhyayn by Granth academy.
Paper 6 (General Studies-4)
- Philosophy-Philosophy By Destiny publication
- Sociology-Sociology by Destiny Publication
- Social Aspect of Chattisgarh-Chattisgarh ki Janjatiyan by Granth academy.
Paper 7(General Studies-5)
- Welfare development programs and law-Official website Of Cg.
- International & National organization-Internet and Magazines.
- Role of human development(nat&int)-Internet.
These books are available in the market easily. If not, I have given some of the links to Amazon from where you can buy them.
Know CGPSC booklist.
Other than that, several websites can help you to get government data.
These are some important websites to know about the essential data you can use in your mains answer.
How to start preparation for CGPSC State Service Exam?
Here are some tips that you can follow that I have mentioned below. These tips are not mine, and I have summarised them after watching several videos of CGPSC toppers of the past few years.
1. Start Early preparation.
Start your preparation before the notification of the exam. For example, the official advertisement CGPSC releases between November or December, so don’t wait for it.
Rather than see the previous year’s notification and syllabus and start studying, the syllabus is the same each year, and the only thing which changes is the number of posts.
For official notification visit: CGPSC
Know the pattern
CGPSC SSE exam has three phases.
- And interveiw
These three-phase need different approaches to study; however, if you start studying for main from the start of your preparation.
2. Gather previous year question papers.
You can easily find previous year’s question papers on the internet. Many platforms provide them for free.
Using previous year’s question paper, you can analyze what to read and what not to read in the exam. Most importantly, it will give you an idea about how questions are asked in the exams.
3. Study NCERT and CG Boards Books.
CGPSC has 7 subjects, including arts, science, and commerce, and we know after the 10th class that we have to choose one stream among these three.
So if you have based doubts and clear them all, you should consider the NCERT books and CGPSC books to read for once before you jump to other resources for reading.
However, in CGPSC, as I have analyzed, I found that most questions are asked up to the 10th class level, which is also in the science part.
4. Make notes.
Most aspirants won’t be able to crack this exam because they won’t make notes. Making notes can help you in numerous ways, such as.
- It makes topic short and easy to study on your own words.
- Notes helps during revision as you don;t have to open books.
- Most toppers have uses this strategy and has gotten good results.
Revision help students and aspirants to recall things easily, and it is the best way to find mistakes that you have either left or find difficult to study.
Revising after completing a chapter or topic is highly suggested by the toppers. Also, it helps to increase the quality of your answers.
6. Answer writing
Many students don’t even consider this but practicing answer writing is one of the most vital parts of succeeding in these exams.
For practicing this, you can take help from a website named INSIGHT OF INDIA, where you get daily questions on current affairs. However, this website is most used by aspirants who are all preparing for UPSC exams.
You can also read this guide on answer writing in the CGPSC exam
But you can utilize this platform if you are preparing for state service examinations.
So these are the six steps of preparation for cgpsc exam. You can tell if you have any suggestions regarding this topic.